nLIGHT is a publicly listed company (NASDAQ: LASR) and a global leader in high-power semiconductor and fiber lasers for industrial, microfabrication, aerospace, and defense applications. Headquartered in Vancouver, WA, nLIGHT employs over 1,000 people with operations in the U.S., China, and Finland.
Facilities management for our Vancouver and Camas campuses, including component assembly and semiconductor operations. This position is responsible for the organization and supervision of maintenance and repair of all buildings, grounds, and machinery within nLight’s US based operations including expansion and relocation projects.
We are looking for a highly motivated leader and manager with a proven track record of overseeing facilities management including modification and onsite/offsite expansion projects.
- Facilities Management for all Vancouver sites including headquarters and several manufacturing operations.
- Manage operation of plant systems as a content expert of control systems and equipment.
- Oversee facilities construction planning and general contracting of projects related to cleanrooms, HVAC, Ultrapure water, Fire/Life Safety Systems, Cryogenic and chemical delivery/waste systems.
- Develop or improve specifications and business systems of accountability relating to equipment and utilities to ensure operations are within federal, state, and local regulations, interfacing with local governing bodies or suppliers as needed.
- Oversee repair and preventative maintenance of facilities and equipment.
- Manage daily facility operations and resolve any escalated issues.
- Establish new maintenance strategies and procedures to improve operating efficiencies.
- Forecast and manage operational budget and schedule for major facility modifications, expansion, including cost of contract labor, equipment and materials.
- Plan and coordinate with senior management, cross-functional internal and external teams to identify constraints, dependencies and risks regarding campus space allocation, equipment layout for continued growth.
- Train, develop and manage Facilities team members to achieve their highest potential.
- Building team, development of procedures, training, to support a growing organization.
- Leadership role supporting and managing campus wide safety
- Bachelor degree in Engineering or related field.
- 5+ year’s supervisor experience preferable in semiconductor industry.
- Lean Principles skills preferred
- Knowledge of Wonderware plant facilities monitoring system preferred
- Experience managing large scale projects including site modifications and expansions highly desired.
- Strong leadership and relation building skills a must.
- Strong budgeting and cost management skills as a demonstrated leader.
- Ability to both perform and mentor routine maintenance procedures on plant facilities systems.
- Solid understanding of electrical and mechanical equipment troubleshooting
- Proven record of providing excellent internal and external customer service
- Ability to communicate effectively (in both written and oral form) with employees of various backgrounds, education, and national origin.
- Ability to investigate and lead solutions to manufacturing constraint issues.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Become ERT certified as part of Facilities Engineering team.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite products.
- Support development or improvement of existing business system methods/documentation as a key member of an ISO 9001:2015 certified organization.
nLIGHT is subject to US Export Control regulations. To qualify for this position, a Foreign Person (that is, not a US Citizen or legal Permanent Resident) must be eligible for a deemed export license under the US Department of Commerce and/or the US Department of State.
Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or age. For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please see these government posters: “EEO is the Law” and its accompanying temporary supplement. If you are an individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation in the application or hiring process, please contact Human Resources at (360) 566-4460 or Hr@nlight.net Apply for this position