Process Engineering Technician
nLIGHT is a rapidly growing publicly listed company (NASDAQ: LASR). nLIGHT is a global leader in high-power semiconductor and fiber lasers for industrial, microfabrication, aerospace, and defense applications. Headquartered in Vancouver, WA, nLIGHT employs over 1,000 people with operations in the U.S., China, and Finland.
nLIGHT is seeking an experienced Process Engineering Technician to join our team at our Vancouver facility. This individual will be responsible for coordinating equipment maintenance, continuous improvement activities related to released products, support of Production, and coordinating effectively with a wide range of cross functional groups. Will enable sustained growth of the high-power fiber laser manufacturing effort through higher efficiency operations and successful new product introductions.
- Reporting to Engineering, act as first line of defense in troubleshooting equipment and process issues, routine data collection and effective communication of status and solutions
- Help define, and then execute routine process equipment maintenance
- Work collaboratively with process engineering to manage specific processes, and assist in defining and executing continuous process improvements
- Leadership in support, training and certification of Production Personnel
- Support implementation of process and BOM changes on the line
- Lead by example in eliminating Process Engineering from Production’s critical path
- Drive continuous improvement opportunities utilizing wide variety of analytical techniques (such as SPC, DOE, Gage R&R), lean manufacturing and six sigma concepts.
- 3+ years professional work experience in volume Production environment working with electronics, lasers, semiconductor equipment or opto-mechanical assemblies.
- Associates Degree in Electronics, Electrical, Mechanical, or exceptional industrial experience in closely related technologies or equivalent work experience. Degree in Laser or optics technology is preferred.
- Meticulous attention to detail, highly organized and self-motivated.
- Ability and desire to spend the majority of time on the production floor in order to identify improvement areas
- Desire to work with production specialists to constantly improve process and tooling/station design through collaboration
- Experience in supporting process development of components, sub-systems, fibers, precision optical/electro-mechanical assemblies.
- Strong record of problem solving, implementing robust processes and systems.
- Experience with new product introduction and product lifecycle process.
- Experience with mechanical drawings, basic tooling and fixture design.
- Knowledge and understanding of optics, fibers, laser diodes and test equipment is highly preferred.
nLIGHT is subject to US Export Control regulations. To qualify for this position, a Foreign Person (that is, not a US Citizen or legal Permanent Resident) must be eligible for a deemed export license under the US Department of Commerce and/or the US Department of State.
Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or age. For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please see these government posters: “EEO is the Law” and its accompanying temporary supplement. If you are an individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation in the application or hiring process, please contact Human Resources at (360) 566-4460 or Hr@nlight.net. Apply for this position