nLIGHT is a rapidly growing publicly listed company (NASDAQ: LASR). nLIGHT is a global leader in high-power semiconductor and fiber lasers for industrial, microfabrication, aerospace, and defense applications. Headquartered in Vancouver, WA, nLIGHT employs over 1,000 people with operations in the U.S., China, and Finland.
The Payroll Administrator is responsible for the timely and accurate processing and reporting of payroll and related costs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Payroll Responsibilities Include:
- Perform all regular duties and responsibilities associated with the preparation, processing and reporting of multi state biweekly payrolls.
- Manage workflow to ensure all payroll transactions are processed accurately and timely.
- Manage timekeeping system including gathering and auditing timekeeping data and resolving related issues.
- Audit employee payroll changes to ensure all changes are made in accordance with company policies and collaborate with Human Resources department to ensure processing of payroll changes within the database.
- Process timely pretax benefit contributions and funding.
- Maintain effective working relationship with payroll vendor.
- Coordinate with HR Manager on vendor interfaces, updated data requirement, audits and testing, open enrollment and 401(k) funding and reconciliations.
- Review all tax filings performed by payroll vendor for federal and state payroll reports quarterly and annually.
- Research, track and resolve all payroll tax related issues including withholding, local jurisdictional, and state related matters.
- Ensure compliance with all federal and state laws and regulating authorities.
Accounting Responsibilities Include:
- Maintain general ledger interface file and other related reports for biweekly payroll entries for posting into accounting system.
- Prepare all payroll and benefit related schedules for journal entry input.
- Prepare all year end schedules and work papers to support annual financial statements.
- Prepare timely reports for management and various groups within the company, specifically related to payroll and other key metrics/cost drivers.
- Assist external auditors by providing documentation and explanation of payroll related accounts and information.
- Prepare reconciliation of all payroll and benefit related general ledger accounts.
- Supports other accounting functions i.e. A/P, A/R etc.
- Audit employees’ business expense reimbursements and ensure they are paid in a timely manner.
- Performs other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to develop and maintain business relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively across an organization.
- Outstanding problem-solving skills and ability to apply the appropriate tools and level of analysis to specific situations.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Strong analytical and mathematical skills.
- Strong organization and attention to detail.
- Ability to implement processes resulting in satisfactory audit practices.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise extreme discretion regarding employee records, personnel transactions, and sensitive issues affecting accounting and payroll.
Education and/or Experience:
- 3+ years payroll processing (preferably Ascentis)
- Proficient in general Microsoft office, including Word, Excel, and Power point.
- Strong understanding of state and local payroll tax requirements and labor laws for WA, OR and CO states. Additionally, MI and CA state knowledge is encouraged.
- Strong organizational skills, and the ability to work under pressure, handle multiple tasks, and meet all deadlines.
- Accounting and accounting system experience preferred.
nLIGHT is subject to US Export Control regulations. To qualify for this position, a Foreign Person (that is, not a US Citizen or legal Permanent Resident) must be eligible for a deemed export license under the US Department of Commerce and/or the US Department of State.
Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or age. For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please see these government posters: “EEO is the Law” and its accompanying temporary supplement. If you are an individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation in the application or hiring process, please contact Human Resources at (360) 566-4460 or Hr@nlight.net. Apply for this position