Sr. Software Engineer in Test
nLIGHT is a rapidly growing publicly listed company (NASDAQ: LASR). nLIGHT is a global leader in high-power semiconductor and fiber lasers for industrial, microfabrication, aerospace, and defense applications. Headquartered in Vancouver, WA, nLIGHT employs over 1,000 people with operations in the U.S., China, and Finland.
The Product Software Development team at nLIGHT is charged with delivering world class software and firmware for our rapidly growing laser products business. The ideal candidate is highly motivated with an excellent track record of performance, strong knowledge and experience in software quality/test, and creativity in software development and test automation development. They will contribute to the architecture, design, development, testing, and delivery of our laser products and supporting infrastructure. They would join a small team with a big impact, requiring good teamwork in a dynamic environment.
- Develop comprehensive product test plans aimed at delivering fully-validated software/firmware solutions
- Design and implement robust software/firmware automation test solutions
- Define and drive test management execution activities aimed at completing product validation to meet NPI milestones
- Direct the daily activities of testers in the execution of automation and manual test suites per program deliverables.
- Provide management with quality/test status updates throughout program lifecycles.
- Influence quality/test strategies within the product development organization.
- Utilize good software development processes and practices to produce and maintain high quality test automation software
- Document appropriately and advocate for best practices
- Assist and support internal and external customers with software and system issues
- BS in Electrical or Computer Engineering, or Computer Science, MS preferred
- 5-7+ years relevant work experience
- Solid knowledge and experience with software test automation tools and frameworks
- Experienced utilizing Continuous Integration (CI) environments
- Skilled in C or C++
- Familiar with C# and the .NET infrastructure
- Comfortable with bash, PERL, Python
- Accomplished troubleshooting and defect characterization skills
- Strong in OOA and OOD
- Knowledge of embedded systems and/or real-time systems
- Electronics know-how – read schematics and wiring diagrams; use multi-meters, oscilloscopes, and function generators
- Experience with development, build infrastructure, and deployment processes
- Knowledge of ARM architecture
- Solid knowledge of the Microsoft Visual Studio toolchain
- Familiarity with GNU toolchain, include make and config scripts
- Solid knowledge of git and SVN configuration management systems
- Ability to work well in a dynamic, fast paced, team-oriented environment
- Attention to detail and an ability to absorb and assimilate information rapidly
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Comfortable directing the activities of others
- Strong written and verbal communication
nLIGHT is subject to US Export Control regulations. To qualify for this position, a Foreign Person (that is, not a US Citizen or legal Permanent Resident) must be eligible for a deemed export license under the US Department of Commerce and/or the US Department of State.
Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or age. For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please see these government posters: “EEO is the Law” and its accompanying temporary supplement. If you are an individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation in the application or hiring process, please contact Human Resources at (360) 566-4460 or Hr@nlight.net. Apply for this position