Sr. Process Engineer
Enable next generation fiber lasers through process and equipment development and supporting transition from concept to high volume manufacturing. Drive continuous improvement activities in a manufacturing environment of released products, support production as appropriate and coordinate effectively with a wide range of cross functional groups.
- Lead and execute process development and improvement projects from conception to completion.
- Working with internal and external stakeholders, develop and implement improved manufacturing processes and systems that enable efficient volume scaling of production lines.
- Drive continuous improvement opportunities and yield metrics utilizing wide variety of analytical techniques (such as SPC, DOE, Gauge R&R), lean manufacturing and six sigma concepts.
- Identify recent external advancements in appropriate technical fields, and qualify into production as capable processes.
- Support manufacturing of released processes and products including generating BOMs and routes, documenting work instructions and support training of personnel.
- Support transition of new products from prototype to volume production utilizing DFSS and DFM.
- Evaluate, procure, and qualify new manufacturing equipment and tools.
- Direct daily activities of engineering technicians
- Master’s degree in Engineering (Optical, Electrical, Chemical, Mechanical, Physics) or exceptional industrial experience in closely related technologies. (PhD preferred)
- 7+ years of recent experience in process or product development of lasers, optics or related discipline.
- Experience with efficiently scaling production lines from medium to high volume.
- Hands on working experience with optical fibers, lasers, optics and precision opto-mechanical systems and tools.
- Strong record of problem solving through structured methodologies and implementing robust processes and systems.
- Situational leadership skills and ability to work with cross functional & multi-site teams effectively.
- Project Management experience
- Experience with mechanical drawings, basic tooling and fixture design.
- ASQ Six Sigma Green Belt, Black Belt preferred
nLIGHT is a rapidly growing vertically integrated supplier of high-performance lasers that enable innovation in materials processing, microelectronics and defense applications. nLIGHT develops and manufactures fiber lasers based on industry-leading semiconductor laser and optical fiber technology. nLIGHT is headquartered in Vancouver, Washington with additional sites in North America, Europe, and Asia. We're committed to working together to deliver breakthrough solutions that help our customers innovate and grow.
nLIGHT is subject to US Export Control regulations. To qualify for this position, a Foreign Person (that is, not a US Citizen or legal Permanent Resident) must be eligible for a deemed export license under the US Department of Commerce and/or the US Department of State.
nLIGHT is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including protected veterans and people with disabilities. For more information, please see the EEO is the Law poster from the federal government: dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf Apply for this position