Manufacturing Specialist I - Compressed Workweek (see hours below)
nLIGHT is a rapidly growing publicly listed company (NASDAQ: LASR). nLIGHT is a global leader in high-power semiconductor and fiber lasers for industrial, microfabrication, aerospace, and defense applications. Headquartered in Vancouver, WA, nLIGHT employs over 1,000 people with operations in the U.S., China, and Finland.
Hiring for graveyard shift only, training will be held on either day or swing shift.
Compressed Work Week:
A Shift: Sunday-Tuesday & every other Wednesday 5:00AM-5:15PM
B Shift: Sunday-Tuesday & every other Wednesday 5:00PM-5:15AM
C Shift: Thursday-Saturday and every other Wednesday 5:00AM-5:15PM
D Shift: Thursday-Saturday and every other Wednesday 5:00PM-5:15AM
- Support device manufacturing in various “hands on” production tasks including but not limited to: Die bonding, inspection, wire bonding, electro-mechanical assembly, testing, laser alignment and packaging.
- Requires working a minimum of 8-12 hours in a clean room environment, wearing clean room garments.
- May include using a microscope for long periods of time.
- May include handling solvents.
- May include extended periods of standing and sitting.
- Operation of test equipment with active lasers.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent required.
- Experienced handling small delicate components and assembly, using ESD practices and clean room protocol preferred, but not required.
- Soldering and microscope experience a plus.
- Ability to work in a team oriented production environment.
- Committed to working safely.
- Willing to make improvement suggestions.
- Willing and able to be trained.
- Ability to communicate and follow English written and verbal instructions.
- Ability to maintain on-time,excellent attendance and overtime availability.
- Must be comfortable with the use of computer for data entry.
- Must have good mechanical skills.
- Must be comfortable using chemicals.
- Ability to identify and distinguish colors.
nLIGHT is proud to offer comprehensive COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- Starting at $14.00/hr. DOE with progression path to $15.00/hr at 12 months
- Swing/Grave Shift Differential
- Semi-Annual Bonus Potential
- Medical Benefits including Prescription and Vision
- Dental including Orthodontia
- Paid Time Off (PTO), including holiday, bereavement and jury duty
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Life & Accidental death and Dismemberment
- 401(k) with company match
- Flexible Spending Account
- Development and learning opportunities
- Employee and family events throughout the year
nLIGHT is subject to US Export Control regulations. To qualify for this position, a Foreign Person (that is, not a US Citizen or legal Permanent Resident) must be eligible for a deemed export license under the US Department of Commerce and/or the US Department of State.
Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or age. For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please see these government posters: “EEO is the Law” and its accompanying temporary supplement. If you are an individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation in the application or hiring process, please contact Human Resources at (360) 566-4460 or Hr@nlight.net. Apply for this position