SOX Compliance Manager
SOX Compliance Manager
nLIGHT is a rapidly growing publicly listed company (NASDAQ: LASR). nLIGHT is a global leader in high-power semiconductor and fiber lasers for industrial, microfabrication, aerospace, and defense applications. Headquartered in Vancouver, WA, nLIGHT employs over 1,000 people with operations in the U.S., China, and Finland.
Develop and execute enterprise-wide Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) compliance project. Strengthen existing processes and controls to enable future growth and compliance with rules and regulations. Collaborate cross-functionally to improve systems, processes and controls.
You will be responsible for managing ongoing SOX and other compliance efforts in support of nLIGHT’s expanding businesses in Vancouver, Washington and Hillsboro, Oregon, as well as international locations in China, Finland and Korea. We are seeking a self-starter with very high personal and professional values, attention to detail, strong work ethic and positive attitude.
- Lead the design and maintenance of the SOX Compliance methodology and tools.
- Perform annual scoping and risk assessment, and determine overall timeline, testing schedules, and deliverables.
- Coordinate and track control testing progress, control gaps, and remediation efforts. Find opportunities to optimize controls to drive efficiencies.
- Supervise external service providers and review work products.
- Oversee all Section 404 documentation as required including COSO framework mapping, process and control flowcharts, risk and controls matrix, and testing approach.
- Evaluate changes to business processes that have a direct impact to the financial statements and related disclosures.
- Maintain the SOX program in a manner that drives efficiencies in the reliance approach with external auditors.
- Create status updates to senior management and quarterly Audit Committee reporting.
- Document existing and develop new policies and procedures. Help develop and communicate accounting policies cross-functionally and across legal entities.
- Build, develop, and maintain strong business relationships with business and technology partners.
- Assist with special projects relating to other business initiatives as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business, or finance. CPA, CIA or CISA is preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience.
- Practical experience of performing control testing and evaluating results.
- Strong knowledge of PCAOB and SOX standards, US GAAP, and COSO guidelines.
- Strong communication skills, including ability to communicate complex information to all levels of management.
- Experience in manufacturing or high-tech industry preferred.
- Proven track record of working in multi-entity and global organizations.
- Familiarity with ERP and other IT systems, strong system skills.
- Recent system implementation experience is a plus.
- Must enjoy new challenges, identifying improvements and following through to drive related changes.
nLIGHT is subject to US Export Control regulations. To qualify for this position, a Foreign Person (that is, not a US Citizen or legal Permanent Resident) must be eligible for a deemed export license under the US Department of Commerce and/or the US Department of State.
Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or age. For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please see these government posters: “EEO is the Law” and its accompanying temporary supplement. If you are an individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation in the application or hiring process, please contact Human Resources at (360) 566-4460 or Hr@nlight.net.
Apply for this position