Mechanical Engineer II
nLIGHT is seeking a Mechanical Engineer to work within and/or drive a multidisciplinary team to design, document and test stable, high tolerance laser and optical assemblies, define user interfaces and overall system layouts.
- Work within a multidisciplinary team to design, build and document robust front end wafer fab tooling and process equipment suitable for the manufacture of laser diodes in high volume
- Specify and execute verification test protocols that include environmental and accelerated life testing
- Oversee the procurement of engineering and prototype parts
- Minimum of BS degree in mechanical engineering
- Candidate will have at least 5 years of mechanical design experience
- 2 years development experience for equipment used in front end wafer fab facilities
- Proficiency with SolidWorks and engineering drawing practices including tolerance analysis and a working understanding of GD&T
- Candidate shall be highly organized and detail-oriented with clear and professional written and oral communication skills
- Candidate shall be self-motivated and able to work with minimal guidance in the areas of requirements gathering, assuring customer needs are addressed, and delivering fully documented solutions
- Strong understanding of the principles of heat transfer, thermal modeling, stress/strain behavior, materials selection and standard machining and sheet metal processes
- Detailed understanding of precision mechanical design associated with optical assemblies and the principles of fine mechanics to maintain micron-scale tolerances
nLIGHT manufactures high-power semiconductor lasers that are used in industrial, defense, medical, and consumer electronics applications. With global operations in Vancouver, WA, Hillsboro, OR, Shanghai, China, and Lohja, Finland, nLIGHT has grown on average over 30%/yr since being founded in 2000.
nLIGHT is subject to US Export Control regulations. To qualify for this position, a Foreign Person (that is, not a US Citizen or legal Permanent Resident) must be eligible for a deemed export license under the US Department of Commerce and/or the US Department of State. Apply for this position
Equal Opportunity Employer, including protected veterans and people with disabilities. For more information, please see the EEO is the Law poster from the federal government: dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf