Primary Responsibilities: Control-based systems management of equipment common to semiconductor manufacturing facilities. Equipment includes a Facilities Monitoring System, using Wonderware System Platform, Siemens, GE, Automation Direct, Allen Bradley, and Johnson Controls PLCs; a Johnson Controls Facility Monitoring System (FMS), Energy Management and Energy Team leadership, Brivo Card Access Controls, Burglar Alarm Systems, Johnson Controls Fire Alarm Systems, and Video Management Systems. Secondary responsibilities include building and grounds management.
- Using discretion and judgment, performs a variety of complicated tasks including design, installation, modification and maintenance of electronic controls systems equipment, drawings, related training and documentation.
- Able to complete difficult projects and demonstrate skilled problem solving based on experience and judgment.
- Able to work as part of a facilities team, a cross functional team, and/or to lead a team, and to communicate well, both orally and in writing during the execution of the programs, projects, or tasks assigned.
- Develop new and apply existing systems analysis techniques and procedures, including consulting with users, to determine hardware, software or system functional specifications with the intent of meeting or exceeding performance and life expectancy of the systems involved.
- Design, development, documentation, analysis, creation, testing or modification of PLC controlled systems or programs as related to machine operating systems.
- Understand existing and anticipate future nLight needs as nLIGHT continues to grow and translate them into plans for program, system, and equipment improvements.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously. Establish, monitor, manage and communicate project milestones through regular staff meetings.
- Define and Communicate equipment and service performance expectations to suppliers including quality, performance, reliability, manufacturing capacities, system fit and life cycle costs.
- Develop, Review, Supervise and/or approve construction plans in support of design specifications. Define, Review, Supervise and/or approve construction activities.
- Select and recommend materials and products required for our successful facilities operations.
- Write performance requirements, instructions, and reports.
- Define, develop and implement maintenance schedules for a variety of equipment types, including the operation of Equipment Maintenance Monitoring programs.
- Identify and or implement new or modified cost efficient installations and prepare and approve diagrams and/or blueprints consistent with specifications.
- Observe and evaluate the functioning of installed equipment or systems, recommend and manage the implementation of improvements.
- Update as built drawings using Auto-CAD
- BS. Engineering Industrial Automation –
- AS in Instrumentation and Industrial technology or certificate of complete with 4 years of industry experience
nLIGHT is subject to US Export Control regulations. To qualify for this position, a Foreign Person (that is, not a US Citizen or legal Permanent Resident) must be eligible for a deemed export license under the US Department of Commerce and/or the US Department of State.
Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or age. For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please see these government posters: “EEO is the Law” and its accompanying temporary supplement. If you are an individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation in the application or hiring process, please contact Human Resources at (360) 566-4460 or Hr@nlight.net.
nLIGHT is a rapidly growing vertically integrated supplier of high-performance lasers that enable innovation in materials processing, microelectronics and defense applications. nLIGHT develops and manufactures fiber lasers based on industry-leading semiconductor laser and optical fiber technology. nLIGHT is headquartered in Vancouver, Washington with additional sites in North America, Asia and Europe. nLIGHT lasers are not only changing the way things are made, but what can be made. Apply for this position