Manufacturing Specialist I - CWFL- Fiber Combiner
nLIGHT is a rapidly growing publicly listed company (NASDAQ: LASR). nLIGHT is a global leader in high-power semiconductor and fiber lasers for industrial, microfabrication, aerospace, and defense applications. Headquartered in Vancouver, WA, nLIGHT employs over 1,000 people with operations in the U.S., China, and Finland.
Join nLIGHT Inc. Laser Division and grow with a high performance team in a growth industry! Produce high-powered fiber lasers and components as part of a manufacturing team. No experience required. Receive Manufacturing Specialist on-the-job training to perform hands-on production tasks, including: electromechanical assembly, handling, splicing, and assembly of optical fibers, operation and testing of lasers, and maintaining accurate production reports.
- Learn and perform electromechanical assembly operations required to build fiber lasers
- Work a minimum of 8 hours in a clean room environment, wearing clean room garments (smock, hair-covering, booties, gloves, and laser glasses)
- Use manual and electronic tools for mechanical and optical assembly
- Enter production build report data into computer-based travelers and inventory system
- Includes handling solvents
- Includes extended periods of standing and sitting
- Contributing as a valued team member is central to long-term success in this position
- High School Diploma or Equivalent required.
- Experienced handling small delicate components and assembly, using ESD practices and clean room protocol preferred, but not required.
- Soldering and microscope experience a plus.
- Ability to work in a team oriented production environment.
- Committed to working safely.
- Willing to make improvement suggestions.
- Willing and able to be trained.
- Ability to communicate and follow English written and verbal instructions.
- Ability to maintain on-time,excellent attendance and overtime availability.
- Must be comfortable with the use of computer for data entry.
- Must have good mechanical skills.
- Must be comfortable using chemicals.
- Ability to identify and distinguish colors.
- Ability to stand/walk 8-12 hours per day. Sitting reading, stooping, climbing ladders, hand and finger dexterity, clear speech, hearing/ listening reading and writing, basic math and analytical skills, judgement, problem solving and decision making; and lifting up to 35 lbs., computer and related equipment.
Day Shift Monday-Friday 6:00am-2:30pm Benefits of our Swing/Grave Shift: ◾Swing/Grave Shift Differential ◾Work Schedule from 2:30 pm- 11:00 pm/ 9:30 pm- 6:00 am to accommodate a Great Work/ life Balance. ◾Avoid peak hours at all of your favorite places.
nLIGHT is proud to offer comprehensive COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- Starting at $14.50-$15.00 depending on manufacturing experience. You will receive a 3% bonus after six months of employment. Approximate value of $450 pre-tax.
- Swing/Grave Shift Differential
- Semi-Annual Bonus Potential
- Medical Benefits including Prescription and Vision
- Dental including Orthodontia
- Vacation, Sick Leave, including Holiday, Bereavement and Jury Duty
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Life & Accidental death and Dismemberment
- 401(k) with company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan Available
- Flexible Spending Account
- Development and learning opportunities
- Employee and family events throughout the year
nLIGHT is subject to US Export Control regulations. To qualify for this position, a Foreign Person (that is, not a US Citizen or legal Permanent Resident) must be eligible for a deemed export license under the US Department of Commerce and/or the US Department of State.
Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or age. For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please see these government posters: “EEO is the Law” and its accompanying temporary supplement. If you are an individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation in the application or hiring process, please contact Human Resources at (360) 566-4460 or Hr@nlight.net. Apply for this position