nLIGHT is a publicly listed company (NASDAQ: LASR) and a global leader in high-power semiconductor and fiber lasers for industrial, microfabrication, aerospace, and defense applications. Headquartered in Vancouver, WA, nLIGHT employs over 1,000 people with operations in the U.S., China, and Finland.
nLIGHT is seeking an outstanding Equipment Engineering Technician to support our operation and maintenance of wafer FAB operations located in Vancouver, Washington.
Swing shift (compressed work week)
Sun – Tuesday + Every other Wednesday 11:30 am to 12:00 am
- Responsible for the overall operation and maintenance of FAB tools and facilities.
- Performs set-up, calibration and detailed preventative maintenance tasks on wafer fabrication equipment using CMMS system.
- Supports installation of process tools.
- Coordinates PM’s, troubleshooting, repairs, and upgrades with manufacturing teams.
- Collects and evaluate equipment data, including SPC, to ensure equipment baselines and operations remain in control and quality maintenance standards are met.
- Creates detailed preventative maintenance procedures.
- Drives/enables suggestions from the team and other sources to implementation, resulting in continuous improvement.
- Provides recommendations for new or improved procedures.
- Responsible for lab safety, spare part inventory, and 5S organization.
- Develops and coordinates of projects.
- Cross trains other technicians.
- Supports operations as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ideal candidate will have 3+ years equipment maintenance experience. (not required).
- Associate Degree in Electronics, Manufacturing Technology or equivalent working experience desired.
- Strong background in Equipment Maintenance.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills.
- Ability to understand electrical schematics, pneumatic drawings, and piping schematics.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skill.
- Ability to write technical procedures and work instructions.
- General understanding of SPC.
- Intermediate Microsoft office and computer skills.
- Able to execute complex assignments requiring independent action and a high degree of initiative to resolve issues.
- Must be able to work in a clean room environment, work from ladders, and lift (<75lbs).
- Shift work is required.
- May report out metrics in meetings.
- Able to wear respirators and SCBA equipment while doing maintenance.
- Must be a member of the Emergency Response Team.
- Demonstrates personal modesty with the intent to enhance teamwork dynamics within the group and between cross-functional areas.
- Must be able to obtain forklift certification.
- Ability to be on call on a rotating basis.
nLIGHT is subject to US Export Control regulations. To qualify for this position, a Foreign Person (that is, not a US Citizen or legal Permanent Resident) must be eligible for a deemed export license under the US Department of Commerce and/or the US Department of State.
Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or age. For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please see these government posters: “EEO is the Law” and its accompanying temporary supplement. If you are an individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation in the application or hiring process, please contact Human Resources at (360) 566-4460 or Hr@nlight.net Apply for this position