Manufacturing Specialist I - Wafer Fab
nLIGHT is a rapidly growing publicly listed company (NASDAQ: LASR). nLIGHT is a global leader in high-power semiconductor and fiber lasers for industrial, microfabrication, aerospace, and defense applications. Headquartered in Vancouver, WA, nLIGHT employs over 1,000 people with operations in the U.S., China, and Finland.
nLIGHT is seeking an experienced person to work in our wafer fabrication operations, located in Vancouver, Washington.
Compressed Work Week:
A Shift: Sunday-Tuesday & every other Wednesday 5:00AM-5:15PM
C Shift: Thursday-Saturday and every other Wednesday 5:00AM-5:15PM
- Perform functions associated with wafer production operations. Perform set-up, calibration and preventative maintenance tasks on wafer fabrication equipment.
- Collect and evaluate operating data to conduct on-line equipment adjustment and ensure process optimization.
- Work from specifications, written and verbal instructions using a variety of tools and test equipment. Possible use of chemicals
- Position requires working a minimum of 8 hours in a clean room environment, wearing clean room garments and laser safety glasses/goggles.
- Position requires extended periods of standing or sitting.
- Ability to multitask with a high degree of flexibility.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment. Demonstrated proficiencies in basic computer skills.
- Demonstrated problem solving abilities.
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities, meet deadlines and work well under pressure.
- Good communication skills.
- Basic math skills required.
- Ideally have clean room protocol experience.
- Ideally 1-3 years of experience in the semiconductor industry.
- Minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to stand/walk 8-12 hours per day. Sitting reading, stooping, climbing ladders, hand and finger dexterity, clear speech, hearing/ listening reading and writing, basic math and analytical skills, judgement, problem solving and decision making; and lifting up to 35 lbs., computer and related equipment.
nLIGHT is proud to offer comprehensive COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- Starting at $14.50-$15.00 depending on manufacturing experience. You will receive a 3% bonus after six months of employment. Approximate value of $450 pre-tax.
- Swing/Grave Shift Differential
- Semi-Annual Bonus Potential
- Medical Benefits including Prescription and Vision
- Dental including Orthodontia
- Vacation, Sick Leave, including Holiday, Bereavement and Jury Duty
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Life & Accidental death and Dismemberment
- 401(k) with company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan Available
- Flexible Spending Account
- Development and learning opportunities
- Employee and family events throughout the year
nLIGHT is subject to US Export Control regulations. To qualify for this position, a Foreign Person (that is, not a US Citizen or legal Permanent Resident) must be eligible for a deemed export license under the US Department of Commerce and/or the US Department of State.
Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or age. For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please see these government posters: “EEO is the Law” and its accompanying temporary supplement. If you are an individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation in the application or hiring process, please contact Human Resources at (360) 566-4460 or Hr@nlight.net. Apply for this position