Senior Technical Buyer
nLIGHT is seeking a creative and resourceful Senior Technical Buyer that will be responsible for executing strategy & implementation plans relating to supply chain performance for Commercial and Government Contracts for global procurement. Responsible for all aspects of purchasing, sourcing, relationship maintenance for commodity area & when applicable compliance with government contracting regulations. Execute supplier evaluation, development, productivity programs, assess supply base for fit to business & nLIGHT’s technical road map.
Senior Technical Buyer leads cross functional teams with a goal to achieve the strategic vision of the company. S/He develops and deploys procurement programs, strategies and procedures for successful integration into the business plan. S/He is responsible for analyzing trends in spend, quality, and service levels and proposing initiatives that enhance supplier performance and value.
- Locate, evaluate, negotiate, and select suppliers and potential suppliers to gain the best quality, cost and delivery of purchased material consistent with required standards
- Support product management with new product launches, product improvements and changes, and product rationalization
- Provide commodity and supplier leadership through proactive pursuit of cost reduction, formal supply agreements, Supplier Rationalization/Optimization, and Supplier Risk Management activities across the global supply chain.
- Drive sourcing initiatives to increase supply chain flexibility and responsiveness to market demand
- Provide cross-functional materials and purchasing leadership for new product introduction, engineering change and across the global supply chain.
- Analyze, maintain, and execute Materials Requirement Plan (MRP)
- Identify and expedite material supply issues
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain, manufacturing operations, engineering, business administration, or operations management or equivalent experience
- Five to eight years of technical purchasing, preferably in in a high paced working environment
- Government contracts procurement experience is a plus
- A thorough working knowledge of procurement in an ERP/MRP environment. Knowledge of manufacturing methods and procedures and buying standards to include: procured material sources, source performance and material characteristics.
- Self-driven, results oriented, and motivated to work effectively without direct supervision
- APICS, ISM or other certification is desired.
- Strong project management and team leadership skills with the ability to develop strong support for change with all levels of internal and external organizations
- Strong organization skills with the ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Effective interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Ability to make decisions and solve practical problems with a variety of variables in situations where standardization may be limited
- Ability to interpret technical data and a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
nLIGHT is subject to US Export Control regulations. To qualify for this position, a Foreign Person (that is, not a US Citizen or legal Permanent Resident) must be eligible for a deemed export license under the US Department of Commerce and/or the US Department of State.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including protected veterans and people with disabilities. For more information, please see the EEO is the Law poster from the federal government: dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
nLIGHT is a rapidly growing vertically integrated supplier of high-performance lasers that enable innovation in materials processing, defense, and medical applications. nLIGHT develops and manufactures direct diode and fiber lasers based on industry-leading semiconductor laser and optical fiber technology. nLIGHT is headquartered in Vancouver, Washington with additional sites in North America, Europe, and Asia. We're committed to working together to deliver breakthrough solutions that help innovate and grow our customers' needs. Apply for this position