HR Business Partner
nLIGHT is a rapidly growing publicly listed company (NASDAQ: LASR). nLIGHT is a global leader in high-power semiconductor and fiber lasers for industrial, microfabrication, aerospace, and defense applications. Headquartered in Vancouver, WA, nLIGHT employs over 1,000 people with operations in the U.S., China, and Finland.
Play a critical role and make a real impact in this rapidly growing technology and manufacturing company. You will work closely with management providing HR support for the organization, including talent acquisition and retention, employee relations, and policy development support.
This position is located at our Vancouver facility, and will include business partner support to our location in Hillsboro approximately 20% of the time.
- Coach/consult with managers and employees on a wide range of issues including: performance management, compensation, benefits, leaves, and organizational and employee development.
- Work closely with management to ensure compliance with state and federal labor laws.
- Lead and follow-through on employee relations issues; perform investigations and advise management personnel on the fair and consistent handling of situations requiring discipline.
- Provide guidance and support to managers on performance management and Performance Improvement Plans.
- Develop, communicate and interpret HR programs, policies and procedures.
- Participates in developing department goals, objectives, programs and systems.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Management, Human Resources, or a related field.
- 5+ years’ experience as an HR Generalist/Partner, preferably in a high-tech environment with manufacturing.
- SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP, PHR, SPHR certification is preferred.
- Project Management skills.
- Employee relations experience required with an understanding of applicable employment laws.
- Demonstrated ability to handle very difficult or volatile situations/individuals effectively.
- Knowledge of federal, state and local labor laws and ability to turn that knowledge into practical action.
- Strong people management skills paired with excellent communication and facilitation skills.
- Ability to be proactive, to anticipate and provide solutions to business needs.
- Works comfortably under pressure and meets tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to develop productive and effective relationships across all levels.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills; must be an articulate and persuasive communicator.
- Strong analytical ability.
- This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities but may serve as a coach and mentor for other positions in the department.
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
nLIGHT is subject to US Export Control regulations. To qualify for this position, a Foreign Person (that is, not a US Citizen or legal Permanent Resident) must be eligible for a deemed export license under the US Department of Commerce and/or the US Department of State.
Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or age. For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please see these government posters: “EEO is the Law” and its accompanying temporary supplement. If you are an individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation in the application or hiring process, please contact Human Resources at (360) 566-4460 or Hr@nlight.net. Apply for this position