Work in a multidisciplinary team to develop automated manufacturing solutions to meet nLIGHT’s rapidly growing product demand. This position will be based in nLIGHT’s Vancouver, WA Headquarters, but the work you do will impact nLIGHT’s worldwide operations improving capacity, quality and cost.
- Define, prototype, design, document, build and qualify automated tooling used to build high power laser assemblies
- Conceptualize, justify and create automated tooling designs to support aggressive manufacturing goals
- Integrate commercially available technologies and processes to enable development of next generation process equipment solutions
- Prepare accurate cost and schedule estimates for equipment development
- Create 3D and 2D design files and Bills of Materials for machinery
- Oversee the procurement of engineering and prototype parts, work with vendors to create/select appropriate components
- Minimum of BS degree in mechanical engineering, controls engineering or similarly applicable engineering program
- Minimum of 5 years of design experience
- Specific experience with the design and control of automated process and test equipment, including basic understanding and ability to specify and/or create harnessing and control logic.
- A strong grasp of general mechanical engineering and design practices, materials selection and standard machining/sheet metal processes.
- Proficiency with Solidworks (or other 3D cad system) and engineering drawing practices including tolerance analysis and working understanding of GD&T
- 2 years development experience with high-power laser and precision optical assemblies desired
- Highly organized, detail-oriented and possess professional written and oral communication skills
nLIGHT is subject to US Export Control regulations. To qualify for this position, a Foreign Person (that is, not a US Citizen or legal Permanent Resident) must be eligible for a deemed export license under the US Department of Commerce and/or the US Department of State.
nLIGHT is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including protected veterans and people with disabilities. For more information, please see the EEO is the Law poster from the federal government: dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
nLIGHT is a rapidly growing vertically integrated supplier of high-performance lasers that enable innovation in materials processing, microelectronics and defense applications. nLIGHT develops and manufactures fiber lasers based on industry-leading semiconductor laser and optical fiber technology. nLIGHT is headquartered in Vancouver, Washington with additional sites in North America, Europe, and Asia. We're committed to working together to deliver breakthrough solutions that helps our customers innovate and grow.
Apply for this position