Midwest Service and Applications Manager
nLIGHT is a rapidly growing publicly listed company (NASDAQ: LASR). nLIGHT is a global leader in high-power semiconductor and fiber lasers for industrial, microfabrication, aerospace, and defense applications. Headquartered in Vancouver, WA, nLIGHT employs over 1,000 people with operations in the U.S., China, and Finland.
nLIGHT is seeking candidates to lead the establishment and management of our new Midwest applications facility and service center. Located in the Detroit metro area, this facility will serve our North American end-users, integrators, machine builders, and partners within the shared ecosystem of laser welding applications. The Midwest Applications Manager will report to the Director of Welding Business Development and will be responsible for executing and maintaining a world-class applications showroom and service center. This role will serve as a brand ambassador for nLIGHT and will assert our value through constructive daily interactions with customers and partners. A key measure of success for this role will be managing the Midwest applications team and resources to ensure the satisfaction of our regional customers throughout the sales process as well as over the life of our products.
- Build a world-class applications showroom and service center to support nLIGHT’s North American welding customer base according to the corporate plan
- Daily ownership of facility appearance, facility safety, and equipment maintenance
- Implement and own corporate laser safety practices for Class 4 laser operation
- Supervise regional applications personnel including daily priorities, mentoring, and performance management in collaboration with the Director of Industrial Applications
- Recruit key contacts for further Midwest hires in applications and service roles
- Integrate robotic laser welding systems for the applications showroom
- Develop, manage, execute, and document applications projects from customer requests
- Design and build application-specific laser processing tooling and fixtures
- Serve as a subject matter expert on the operation and integration of nLIGHT lasers for industrial laser welding in regional sales opportunities
- Collaborate with sales and marketing teams on welding marketing strategies to be executed following the facility commissioning
- Support outreach to regional ecosystem partners for collaborative project execution and demo equipment exchanges
- Provide remote and onsite process troubleshooting for strategic accounts or challenging applications
- Work closely with nLIGHT Customer Service to ensure customer satisfaction issues are communicated and addressed in a timely manner
- Present laser applications content to a variety of audiences (non-technical novice, technical peers, executive decision makers) while maintaining a consistent message and value proposition
- Promote the nLIGHT brand in networking environments with regional ecosystem partners, integrators, end users, peer networks, and recruiting pools
- Up to 25% travel within North America in support of customers and partners as well as visits to nLIGHT HQ
- 10+ years of experience in high-power laser cutting, welding, etc.
- Experience integrating high-power robotic laser systems
- Technical knowledge of beam delivery systems and integrated laser system architecture
- Advanced programming skills with G-code, PLCs, and industrial robot languages
- Project management experience successfully executing multiple concurrent programs within demanding schedules and budgets
- Proven experience managing direct technical employees
- Experience demonstrating product value in customer interactions
- Established track record of managing customer interactions to exceed expectations
- Demonstrated problem solving abilities in high-stress, down-production situations
nLIGHT is subject to US Export Control regulations. To qualify for this position, a Foreign Person (that is, not a US Citizen or legal Permanent Resident) must be eligible for a deemed export license under the US Department of Commerce and/or the US Department of State. Apply for this position
Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or age. For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please see these government posters: “EEO is the Law” and its accompanying temporary supplement. If you are an individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation in the application or hiring process, please contact Human Resources at (360) 566-4460 or Hr@nlight.net.