Customer Support Engineer
"Location: Vancouver WA, "
The nLIGHT Customer Support Engineer plays a key role in the success of our products.
The successful candidate will have excellent interpersonal skills and enjoy working with and training Customers, peers and coworkers. Responsibilities include Installation, diagnosis and repair of nLIGHT laser products, working with Technical Support and Engineering teams on product design and improvement, assist in developing training and support documentation and procedures. Extensive worldwide travel is required.
- Work to achieve the fastest possible resolution to customer product failures
- Document support activities in a thorough and timely manner
- Build trusting relationships with customers and achieve a high level of customer satisfaction
- Assist Sales Account Managers by learning and reporting customer needs and issues with nLIGHT products
- Working with Tech Support, assist in definition and documentation of installation and diagnostic procedures for field support of nLIGHT products
- Provide feedback and recommendations to Management, Technical Support and Sales on nLIGHT product and process improvements
- Deliver basic maintenance and repair training to nLIGHT Customers, Partners and fellow Customer Support Engineers
- Demonstrate an unwavering dedication to safety of yourself and all of those around you
- Must have a valid driver’s license and U.S. passport
- 3+ years’ professional work experience in a Customer Support or Technical Support role servicing electronics, semiconductor equipment or opto-mechanical assemblies
- Minimum Associate’s degree in Electronics, Electrical, Mechanical, Laser/optical technology or exceptional industrial experience in closely related technologies. Degree in Laser or optics technology is preferred.
- Knowledge of electrical power and safety, electronics and basic schematic reading
- Meticulous attention to detail, highly organized and self-motivated.
- Type approximately 35 words per minute or faster
- Good eyesight – able to see and safely handle 125um optical fiber
- Knowledge and understanding of optics, fibers, laser diodes and test equipment is preferred.
- Working knowledge of MS Word and Excel
- Previous training in problem solving and quality improvement tools (8D, Pareto, etc.)
- Strong record of problem solving, implementing robust processes and systems.
- Experience in supporting process development of components, sub-systems, fibers, precision optical/electro-mechanical assemblies
- Prior international travel and customer facing field service experience
- Spanish or Mandarin speaker not required but is a plus
nLIGHT is subject to US Export Control regulations. To qualify for this position, a Foreign Person (that is, not a US Citizen or legal Permanent Resident) must be eligible for a deemed export license under the US Department of Commerce and/or the US Department of State.
Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or age. For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please see these government posters: “EEO is the Law” and its accompanying temporary supplement. If you are an individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation in the application or hiring process, please contact Human Resources at (360) 566-4460 or Hr@nlight.net.
nLIGHT is a rapidly growing vertically integrated supplier of high-performance lasers that enable innovation in materials processing, microelectronics and defense applications. nLIGHT develops and manufactures fiber lasers based on industry-leading semiconductor laser and optical fiber technology. nLIGHT is headquartered in Vancouver, Washington with additional sites in North America, Asia and Europe. nLIGHT lasers are not only changing the way things are made, but what can be made. Apply for this position