Senior Manager, Compensation and Benefits
nLIGHT is a rapidly growing publicly listed company (NASDAQ: LASR). nLIGHT is a global leader in high-power semiconductor and fiber lasers for industrial, microfabrication, aerospace, and defense applications. Headquartered in Vancouver, WA, nLIGHT employs over 1,000 people with operations in the U.S., China, and Finland.
nLIGHT is seeking a Senior Manager of Compensation and Benefits to join our HR team located in Camas, Washington.
As a critical member of the Human Resources team, this senior manager will be responsible for compensation and benefit policies, programs, administration and compliance as well as HR information system and metrics. We are seeking an individual with very high personal and professional values and a desire to make an impact and grow with the company. This is a hands-on role; the senior manager must be able to work at a very detailed level but also be able to participate in strategy and lead improvements.
Benefit and Compensation Responsibilities include:
- Manage the company’s benefit programs (including health plans, 401(k), life and disability) including reviewing programs, planning for open enrollment and communicating to employees, vendor management, and administration.
- Evaluate, recommend and implement additional benefit enhancements and changes to ensure competitiveness.
- Act as primary contact for plan vendors and employees for resolution of health and welfare plan questions or issues.
- Ensure company compliance with federal and state laws governing both compensation and benefits practices. Prepare reporting as required for all health and welfare plans, including audits.
- Develop and implement corporate pay structure and practices for US and coordinate similar structure with international sites. Participate in compensation/benefits surveys and work with HR business partners on compensation reviews.
- Support annual focal process, including communicating the process, preparation of files for managers and coordination of inputs.
- Manage HR Information System (HRIS). Implement incremental improvements in current HRIS system (Ascentis). Lead project to identify future HRIS system in partnership with Payroll and HR team, targeting implementation in 2021.
- Manage all HR system transactions for employee benefit enrollments and life event changes. Assist with other employee changes as needed.
- Partner with Finance, Accounting and Payroll on a variety of topics, including financial review of proposed changes to compensation and benefits programs, annual focal review budgets, HRIS/payroll implementation, and reconciliation of benefits invoices.
- Other responsibilities as assigned to support changes in business needs and priorities throughout the year.
- Bachelor’s Degree in HR or a related field. Masters preferred.
- HR professional certification desired, CEBS and/or CCP certification a plus.
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant work experience, with 3 years in-depth experience in compensation analysis, benefits administration and HRIS.
- Experience in high-tech manufacturing industry preferred
- Strong MS Office and skills required. MS Excel power-user preferred. Must be comfortable using databases and creating efficient spreadsheets and reports.
- Self-directed and motivated. Must enjoy challenges and driving improvements.
- Ability to grasp issues quickly and prioritize appropriately.
- Strong systems, analytical and problem-solving skills. Comfortable adopting new technology.
- Exceptional organizational, attention to detail, and time management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively across an organization. Team player with well-developed interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to protect confidential and proprietary information, setting professional boundaries as needed.
nLIGHT is subject to US Export Control regulations. To qualify for this position, a Foreign Person (that is, not a US Citizen or legal Permanent Resident) must be eligible for a deemed export license under the US Department of Commerce and/or the US Department of State.
Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or age. For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please see these government posters: “EEO is the Law” and its accompanying temporary supplement. If you are an individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation in the application or hiring process, please contact Human Resources at (360) 566-4460 or Hr@nlight.net. Apply for this position