Sr. Mechanical Engineer
nLIGHT is searching for a Sr Mechanical Engineer to work within a multidisciplinary team to design and document opto-mechanical laser components, assembly tooling and production equipment.
- Adapt established and innovative low cost manufacturing concepts to laser product designs
- Devise, design and build robust tooling and process equipment suitable for reliable high volume manufacturing
- Define user interfaces and overall system layouts
- Execute verification test protocols that include environmental and accelerated life testing
- Oversee the procurement of engineering and prototype parts
- Minimum of BS degree in mechanical engineering.
- Experience with low cost, high quality manufacturing techniques. Ideal candidates will have a history of adapting technologies from other industries to influence new designs.
- Strong ability to conduct engineering analyses including heat transfer, thermal modeling, stress/strain behavior and materials selection
- Demonstrated experience with both machinery and product design
- Detailed understanding of machining tools, methods and capabilities
Exceptional candidates will have:
- 5 years of development experience with high-power laser and optical assemblies.
- Detailed understanding of precision opto-mechanical design and fine mechanisms
- Experience with low outgassing adhesives and similar joining methods used in optical modules.
- Proficiency with Solidworks and engineering drawing practices including tolerance analysis and working understanding of GD&T
- Candidate shall be highly organized and detail-oriented with clear and professional written and oral communication skills
- Experienced with New Product Introduction (NPI) and product qualification practices.
nLIGHT is a rapidly growing vertically integrated supplier of high-performance lasers that enable innovation in materials processing, microelectronics and defense applications. nLIGHT develops and manufactures fiber lasers based on industry-leading semiconductor laser and optical fiber technology. nLIGHT is headquartered in Vancouver, Washington with additional sites in North America, Europe, and Asia. We're committed to working together to deliver breakthrough solutions that help our customers innovate and grow.
nLIGHT is subject to US Export Control regulations. To qualify for this position, a Foreign Person (that is, not a US Citizen or legal Permanent Resident) must be eligible for a deemed export license under the US Department of Commerce and/or the US Department of State.
nLIGHT is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including protected veterans and people with disabilities. For more information, please see the EEO is the Law poster from the federal government: dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
Apply for this position