Equipment Engineering Technician- Wafer Fab
nLIGHT is seeking two outstanding Junior Level Equipment Engineer Technicians to support our operation and maintenance of wafer FAB operations located in Vancouver, Washington.
Swing shift (compressed work week) 12:00pm to 12:30am
- Responsible for the overall operation and maintenance of FAB tools and facilities.
- Collects and evaluate equipment data, including SPC, to ensure equipment baselines and operations remain in control and quality maintenance standards are met.
- Performs set-up, calibration and detailed preventative maintenance tasks on wafer fabrication equipment.
- Supports operations as needed.
- Drives/enables suggestions from the team and other sources to implementation, resulting in continuous improvement.
- Provides recommendations for new or improved procedures.
- Creates detailed preventative maintenance procedures
- Responsible for lab safety, spare part inventory and 5S organization.
- Develops and coordination of projects.
- Cross trains other technicians.
- This position requires working in a clean room environment, working from ladders and lifting (<75lbs) and may involve shift work.
- Ideal candidate will have 3+ years equipment maintenance experience. (not required)
- Associate Degree in Electronics, Manufacturing Technology or equivalent working experience desired
- Strong back ground in Equipment Maintenance
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills
- Ability to understand electrical schematics and pneumatic drawings.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skill
- Able to execute complex assignments requiring independent action and a high degree of initiative to resolve issues.
- Able to wear respirators and SCBA equipment while doing maintenance
- Demonstrates personal modesty with the intent to enhance teamwork dynamics within the group and between cross-functional areas
- May report out metrics in meetings.
nLIGHT is a rapidly growing vertically integrated supplier of high-performance lasers that enable innovation in materials processing, defense, and medical applications. nLIGHT develops and manufactures direct diode and fiber lasers based on industry-leading semiconductor laser and optical fiber technology. nLIGHT is headquartered in Vancouver, Washington with additional sites in North America, Europe, and Asia. We're committed to working together to deliver breakthrough solutions that help innovate and grow our customers' needs.
nLIGHT is subject to US Export Control regulations. To qualify for this position, a Foreign Person (that is, not a US Citizen or legal Permanent Resident) must be eligible for a deemed export license under the US Department of Commerce and/or the US Department of State.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including protected veterans and people with disabilities. For more information, please see the EEO is the Law poster from the Federal Government:
Apply for this position