nLIGHT is a rapidly growing publicly listed company (NASDAQ: LASR). nLIGHT is a global leader in high-power semiconductor and fiber lasers for industrial, microfabrication, aerospace, and defense applications. Headquartered in Vancouver, WA, nLIGHT employs over 1,000 people with operations in the U.S., China, and Finland.
Reporting to the GM nLIGHT China, enable next generation of lasers products by directing NPI, product, and process engineering teams through development, continuous innovation, and line transition from concept to high volume and precision manufacturing. Tactically and strategically lead teams through continuous improvement activities in a manufacturing environment of released products, support production as appropriate, and coordinate effectively with a wide range of global cross functional groups.
- Works closely with global leadership team to deliver safety, quality, growth, and customer satisfaction. Responsible for achieving operational plans and execution.
- Lead global multi-disciplinary teams to deliver new products, sustaining engineering, and NPI of laser based product lines as part of key strategy in vertically integrated organization.
- Collaborates with R&D and Marketing to analyze competition, market trends, emerging technology and drives strategic engineering projects into production as capable products & processes.
- Drive continuous improvement opportunities and yield metrics utilizing wide variety of analytical techniques (such as FMEA, SPC, DOE, Gage R&R, 8D), lean manufacturing, and six sigma concepts.
- Drive transfer of new products to volume production in offshore sites utilizing DFSS, DFM, and DFA.
- Drives effective management practices regarding recruitment, succession, compensation, employee development and training.
- Ensures effective budgets, adequate resourcing and tools, taking responsibility for local technology, value engineering and development roadmaps.
- Support implementation and drive improvements in Business Process Systems.
- MS/PhD in Engineering (Optical, Physics, Electrical, Chemical, Mechanical) or exceptional industrial experience in closely related technologies. MBA or foreign graduate degree strongly preferred.
- Work experiences in foreign country or multi-national companies.
- 10 years of global management experience with progressive responsibilities. Thrives in matrix structure.
- Strong business and people skills, including strategic thinking, executive communication, and basic business financial acumen.
- 8+ years of experience in product & process development, NPI or process control of laser systems/photonic components.
- Strong record of developing and transferring products and processes related to laser systems and photonic components.
- Strong record of effective judgement and decisiveness, clear thinking, problem solving through structured methodologies.
- Strong situational leadership skills, record of developing great teams and strong hires.
- Sets very strong culture of accountability, disciplined thinking, integrity and expectations: leads by example.
- Ability for assertive management and conflict resolution
- Ability to coordinate effectively with multi-cultural teams located globally and earn trust and respect rapidly.
- Recognized industry technical leader with patents and/or relevant technical publications.
- Six Sigma Green Belt preferred as well as knowledge of Lean principles.
- Very strong English and Chinese communication skills.
- Ability to travel up to 15%.
nLIGHT is subject to US Export Control regulations. To qualify for this position, a Foreign Person (that is, not a US Citizen or legal Permanent Resident) must be eligible for a deemed export license under the US Department of Commerce and/or the US Department of State.
Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or age. For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please see these government posters: “EEO is the Law” and its accompanying temporary supplement. If you are an individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation in the application or hiring process, please contact Human Resources at (360) 566-4460 or Hr@nlight.net. Apply for this position