Sr. Financial Analyst
nLIGHT is a rapidly growing publicly listed company (NASDAQ: LASR). nLIGHT is a global leader in high-power semiconductor and fiber lasers for industrial, microfabrication, aerospace, and defense applications. Headquartered in Vancouver, WA, nLIGHT employs over 1,000 people with operations in the U.S., China, and Finland.
As a critical member of the Finance team, the Sr. Financial Analyst will be responsible for financial planning, reporting, and analysis of nLIGHT’s growing business. We are seeking a flexible and hands-on professional who will partner with management to continuously improve business decisions and results as well as improve the quality of data on which decisions are made. We are seeking an individual with very high personal and professional values and a desire to learn and grow with the company.
- Financial Planning and Reporting – Analyze financial performance, prepare insightful management reporting packages and review with management. Forecast revenue, margin, headcount, and expenses for quarterly forecasts and annual plan.
- Financial Analysis – Prepare analysis for business decisions and investment opportunities such as new product development, capital projects and customer opportunities. Contribute ideas that improve profitability for the company. Analyze trends and performance against plan or forecast.
- Business Partnering – Interact regularly with senior management to help them drive change. Improve decision making with timely, targeted analysis. Learn about the business and respond to requests, asking the right questions to determine the right information to provide. Communicate at the right level of detail for the audience, with the ability to drill down as needed.
- Leadership– This position will require strong leadership and influence skills.
- Process Improvement and Systems - Develop, implement, and improve financial processes. Participate in or lead systems projects as needed.
- MBA preferred with focus on finance.
- 5+ years’ experience, ideally in high tech or semiconductor manufacturing
- Creative problem-solver with strong analytical skills and curiosity
- Team player with well-developed interpersonal and communication skills
- Must enjoy challenges, finding solutions, and driving improvements
- Ability to organize and manage to completion multiple high-priority projects simultaneously and on time
- MS Excel power-user. Comfortable using and creating databases
- Experience utilizing various ERP systems (MS Dynamics AX particularly helpful)
- To meet security and export control regulations, this position requires either U.S. Citizenship or U.S. Permanent Resident Alien Status.
nLIGHT is subject to US Export Control regulations. To qualify for this position, a Foreign Person (that is, not a US Citizen or legal Permanent Resident) must be eligible for a deemed export license under the US Department of Commerce and/or the US Department of State.
Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or age. For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please see these government posters: “EEO is the Law” and its accompanying temporary supplement. If you are an individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation in the application or hiring process, please contact Human Resources at (360) 566-4460 or Hr@nlight.net. Apply for this position