nLIGHT is a rapidly growing publicly listed company (NASDAQ: LASR). nLIGHT is a global leader in high-power semiconductor and fiber lasers for industrial, microfabrication, aerospace, and defense applications. Headquartered in Vancouver, WA, nLIGHT employs over 1,000 people with operations in the U.S., China, and Finland.
We are seeking an experienced, highly-skilled senior IT professional to lead nLIGHT’s Global Information Technology team. You will work closely with senior leadership, users, and the IT team to help determine the best way possible to meet the information technology and data processing needs of the company. Work with the IT team to ensure that our company’s IT roadmap is meeting its goals and objectives efficiently, effectively, and reliably.
A significant aspect of this job will be to lead nLIGHT’s digital transformation effort. This includes developing and maintaining a roadmap to update and deploy IT systems that can support nLIGHT’s growth
nLIGHT’s management style is “hands-on” and you will be expected to be able to deep-dive into technical / programmatic issues and to manage the overall department.
This position has significant potential to grow as our company grows. This position reports into the Chief Operations Officer.
IT Director Duties and Responsibilities
· Lead IT activities, including infrastructure, applications, software development, and policies of a rapidly growing multi-national organization.
· Identify, refine, and implement IT solutions and/or enhancements to existing solutions as part of a strategic IT roadmap to meet corporate, industry, and governmental requirements.
· Drive implementation of the strategic IT roadmap, while balancing short, medium, and long-term objectives
· Manage all IT vendor relationships and outsourced services to ensure service level agreements (SLA) are consistently met
· Ensure corporate IT security compliance (SOX/DFAR)
· Report progress and challenges to senior management; effectively communicate upcoming changes to the worldwide organization and provide appropriate training
· Manage and develop an effective IT team, including leadership of worldwide activities and staff with dotted-line reporting relationships
IT Director Requirements and Qualifications
· Proven project management, communication, and interpersonal skills.
· Proven ability to manage multiple, dynamic projects to meet scope, schedule, and budget targets.
· Proven ability to coordinate effectively with cross-functional, multi-cultural teams located around the world.
· Experience with Office 365 and Azure Cloud Environment
· Demonstrated project leadership of a Business System implementation or major upgrade is a plus
· Proven ability to resolve ill-defined problems and improvise solutions.
· Significant experience in all phases of the development lifecycle including project management requirements gathering, requirements flow-down, and scope management.
· Significant achievements in one or more of the following fields:
· Business information systems (PDM, ERP, MES, Data Warehouse, Corporate Reporting Tools),
· Security (Industry standards and government standards)
· Software Project Management (combination of experience / formal training)
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field required; master’s degree is a plus. Evidence of continuing education, such as IT or security-related certifications, is a plus
· Minimum 10 years’ experience in the information technology field
· Minimum 5 years’ experience in leadership or management in an IT, Security, or Software Development setting.
nLIGHT is subject to US Export Control regulations. To qualify for this position, a Foreign Person (that is, not a US Citizen or legal Permanent Resident) must be eligible for a deemed export license under the US Department of Commerce and/or the US Department of State.
Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or age. For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please see these government posters: “EEO is the Law” and its accompanying temporary supplement. If you are an individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation in the application or hiring process, please contact Human Resources at (360) 566-4460 or Hr@nlight.net.