Fiber Laser Product Development Engineer
Develop next-generation fiber laser products in a fast-growing, vertically integrated company. Take products from concept phase through product release and into manufacturing as a core member of an interdisciplinary team.
- Contribute to cross-functional development teams to deliver innovative laser products.
- Apply detailed understanding of lasers and optics to development of commercial fiber lasers.
- Provide technical leadership within a structured product-development process, including planning and tracking, leading experimental and modeling activities, conducting data and design reviews, leading problem-solving teams and failure analyses, and reporting results internally and externally.
- Develop and refine fiber processing tools and techniques to enable manufacturing of high-power fiber laser systems and critical components.
- Support Marketing and Sales personnel, Applications engineers, customers, and end users, and translate market needs into product development projects.
- Direct activities of technicians.
- MS or PhD in an engineering discipline, Physics, or Material Science, or equivalent experience.
- Hands-on experience with development and manufacturing of high-power fiber lasers and amplifiers and of fiber-based components. Experience with other solid-state lasers and/or opto-mechanical systems is advantageous.
- Experience with measurement tools and techniques for characterizing the spatial, spectral, and temporal characteristics of high-power lasers.
- Solid analytical and structured problem-solving skills.
- Experience with statistical analysis tools, simulation software, statistical process control, and design of experiments.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to summarize and present results and conclusions clearly and effectively.
- Ability to work cross-functionally as both a team leader and a contributor.
nLIGHT is subject to US Export Control regulations. To qualify for this position, a Foreign Person (that is, not a US Citizen or legal Permanent Resident) must be eligible for a deemed export license under the US Department of Commerce and/or the US Department of State.
nLIGHT is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including protected veterans and people with disabilities. For more information, please see the EEO is the Law poster from the federal government: dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
nLIGHT is a rapidly growing vertically integrated supplier of high-performance lasers that enable innovation in materials processing, microelectronics and defense applications. nLIGHT develops and manufactures fiber lasers based on industry-leading semiconductor laser and optical fiber technology. nLIGHT is headquartered in Vancouver, Washington with additional sites in North America, Europe, and Asia. We're committed to working together to deliver breakthrough solutions that helps our customers innovate and grow.
Apply for this position