Engineering Development Technician - Components
Work closely with a cross-functional engineering team to develop next-generation laser components. The successful candidate will:
- Conduct initial design and proof of concept experiments
- Build and characterize prototypes
- Develop and document processes and tooling
- Assist in transferring products to manufacturing, including training of operators
- Maintain equipment, organize materials and supplies, and ensure safe operation of development labs.
- Troubleshoot problems in the development lab and the factory.
- Associates Degree or higher in lasers, optics, electronics, or another engineering discipline, or equivalent experience in related technologies.
- Meticulous attention to detail, highly organized, self-motivated.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with electronics and test equipment, including oscilloscopes, digital multimeters, power meters, CCD cameras or beam profilers, spectrum analyzers, etc.
- Familiarity with mechanical drawings and basic tooling.
Preferred Qualifications and Experience:
- Knowledge and understanding of lasers, optics, and fibers.
- Experience with tools and equipment for fiber processing and inspection.
- Experience supporting engineers working with lasers, fiber optics, electro-optic or opto-mechanical devices, electronics, or semiconductor equipment.
- Proficiency with Excel and data-analysis software.
- Training and certification in Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing, Statistical Process Control, and Design of Experiments.
nLIGHT is a rapidly growing vertically integrated supplier of high-performance lasers that enable innovation in materials processing, microelectronics and defense applications. nLIGHT develops and manufactures fiber lasers based on industry-leading semiconductor laser and optical fiber technology. nLIGHT is headquartered in Vancouver, Washington with additional sites in North America, Europe, and Asia. We're committed to working together to deliver breakthrough solutions that help our customers innovate and grow.
nLIGHT is subject to US Export Control regulations. To qualify for this position, a Foreign Person (that is, not a US Citizen or legal Permanent Resident) must be eligible for a deemed export license under the US Department of Commerce and/or the US Department of State.
nLIGHT is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including protected veterans and people with disabilities. For more information, please see the EEO is the Law poster from the federal government: dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf Apply for this position