Director Product Management
Lead all aspects of product management in the Industrial fiber laser market segment.
- Inbound activities include: documenting market and competitive trends, driving product roadmaps, setting market requirements for new product developments, championing New Product Introduction (NPI) business plans, out-period revenue forecasting, overseeing execution of special projects, and managing product profitability.
- Outbound activities include:driving business development / capture management for strategic accounts, equipping sales with appropriate collateral, developing corporate and business unit brand via multiple channels of communication, driving new product launches, establishing global pricing strategy, and in-period revenue management.
- Develop and drive multi-dimensional Industrial fiber laser business strategy.
- Lead strategic sales process for key customers; drive sales and sales process for new business.
- Proactively support the Sales for pricing, promotional materials, lead time, and technical Q&A.
- Coordinate market analysis, competitive intelligence, and lead competitive strategy development.
- Establish product performance requirements, time-to-market requirements, and product cost goals; champion NPI activities.
- Support Sales and Operations needs by providing long term forecasts and managing near term operations plans and revenue outcomes.
- Manage product / market profitability through mix / price management and establishing internal product cost goals.
- Interact with executive management, company stakeholders, and senior management peers to align strategic priorities and resources and report on the health of your business area.
- 10+ years in product development, manufacturing, sales, and/or marketing with increasing leadership and management responsibilities.
- 5+ years of recent experience working in the commercial, high-power laser industry.
- Technical degree in engineering (electrical, mechanical, optical), physics, or similar discipline.
- MBA is strongly preferred.
nLIGHT is a rapidly growing vertically integrated supplier of high-performance lasers that enable innovation in materials processing, microelectronics and defense applications. nLIGHT develops and manufactures fiber lasers based on industry-leading semiconductor laser and optical fiber technology. nLIGHT is headquartered in Vancouver, Washington with additional sites in North America, Europe, and Asia. We're committed to working together to deliver breakthrough solutions that help our customers innovate and grow.
nLIGHT is subject to US Export Control regulations. To qualify for this position, a Foreign Person (that is, not a US Citizen or legal Permanent Resident) must be eligible for a deemed export license under the US Department of Commerce and/or the US Department of State.
nLIGHT is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including protected veterans and people with disabilities. For more information, please see the EEO is the Law poster from the federal government: dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf Apply for this position