Process Engineer Technician
nLIGHT is seeking an experienced Process Engineering Technician to join our team at our Vancouver facility. This individual will be responsible for coordinating equipment maintenance, continuous improvement activities related to released products, support of Production, and coordinating effectively with a wide range of cross functional groups. Will enable sustained growth of the high-power fiber laser manufacturing effort through higher efficiency operations and successful new product introductions.
- Reporting to Engineering, act as first line of defense in troubleshooting equipment and process issues, routine data collection and effective communication of status and solutions
- Help define, and then execute routine process equipment maintenance
- Work collaboratively with process engineering to manage specific processes, and assist in defining and executing continuous process improvements
- Leadership in support, training and certification of Production Personnel
- Support implementation of process and BOM changes on the line
- Lead by example in eliminating Process Engineering from Production’s critical path
- Drive continuous improvement opportunities utilizing wide variety of analytical techniques (such as SPC, DOE, Gage R&R), lean manufacturing and six sigma concepts.
- + 5 years professional work experience in volume Production environment working with electronics, semiconductor equipment or opto-mechanical assemblies.
- Associates Degree in Electronics, Electrical, Mechanical, or exceptional industrial experience in closely related technologies. Degree in Laser or optics technology is preferred.
- Meticulous attention to detail, highly organized and self-motivated.
- Experience in supporting process development of components, sub-systems, fibers, precision optical/electro-mechanical assemblies.
- Strong record of problem solving, implementing robust processes and systems.
- Experience with new product introduction and product lifecycle process.
- Experience with mechanical drawings, basic tooling and fixture design.
- Knowledge and understanding of optics, fibers, laser diodes and test equipment is highly preferred.
- Preferred certifications include Six Sigma Green Belt, IPC J-STD-001 for soldering, and Training Within Industry (TWI)
nLIGHT is subject to US Export Control regulations. To qualify for this position, a Foreign Person (that is, not a US Citizen or legal Permanent Resident) must be eligible for a deemed export license under the US Department of Commerce and/or the US Department of State.Equal Opportunity Employer, including protected veterans and people with disabilities. For more information, please see the EEO is the Law poster from the federal government: dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
nLIGHT is a rapidly growing vertically integrated supplier of high-performance lasers that enable innovation in materials processing, defense, and medical applications. nLIGHT develops and manufactures direct diode and fiber lasers based on industry-leading semiconductor laser and optical fiber technology. nLIGHT is headquartered in Vancouver, Washington with additional sites in North America, Europe, and Asia. We're committed to working together to deliver breakthrough solutions that help innovate and grow our customers' needs. Apply for this position