nLIGHT is a vertically integrated supplier of high-performance lasers that enable innovation in materials processing, microelectronics and defense applications. nLIGHT develops and manufactures fiber lasers based on industry-leading semiconductor laser and optical fiber technology. nLIGHT is a publicly held company headquartered in Vancouver, Washington with additional sites in North America, Asia and Europe. nLIGHT lasers are not only changing the way things are made, but what can be made.
The primary focus of this position is our Vancouver and Hillsboro location with occasional remote support to our location in Shanghai.
- Provide support to Vancouver and Hillsboro locations, and our Shanghai location
- Help define and implement improved routine KPI reporting metrics and tools, for addressing constraints to production flow in development and full manufacturing environments
- Make clear recommendations as to the best way to use people, machines, information and energy to make kW-level laser systems employing best methods practices using LEAN principles
- Define clear recommendations to improve manufacturing productivity with quarter over quarter improvement objectives
- Assist in financial planning and control systems using standard cost planning methodologies
- Help evaluate the effects of product design changes, and recommend ways to minimize the impact of product changes
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering (industrial, electrical, mechanical, chemical), math or physics
- 2+ years working in a high-tech factory with demonstrated accomplishments (semiconductor or assembly)
- Must be self-motivated contributor who can go beyond being tasked and simply own outcomes by understanding gap needs for projects, develop plans of execution, hit milestone dates and optimize time spent on deliverables.
- Project deliverables will solve problems which provide initial containment of objective, move to sustainability of deployed tools/methods and then rapidly to scalable deployments across multiple Manufacturing departments.
- Capacity modeling experience highly preferred for both capital equipment and labor
- Experience with Manufacturing Costing systems and their development
- Demonstrated ability to successfully work with minimal direction
- Proficient in current production methodologies and metrics (KPI’s)
- Experience with LEAN and 5-S implementation and sustainability highly desirable
- Strong analytical skills using server level data pools
- LEAN certification preferred
- Six Sigma Green Belt Experience preferred
- Six Sigma Black Belt Experience desired
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills, including macro development and data mining/manipulation tools for enhanced data value
- Microsoft Power BI programming preferred
- Highly motivated, with an autonomous approach to learning and achieving goals
- Ability to know when to ask questions and receive direction
- Ability to drive continuous-improvement approach to production, with high ability to review data streams critically
- Ability to communicate well in written and verbal form to various audiences comprising of operators, engineers, or managers
nLIGHT is subject to US Export Control regulations. To qualify for this position, a Foreign Person (that is, not a US Citizen or legal Permanent Resident) must be eligible for a deemed export license under the US Department of Commerce and/or the US Department of State.
Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or age. For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please see these government posters: “EEO is the Law” and its accompanying temporary supplement. If you are an individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation in the application or hiring process, please contact Human Resources at (360) 566-4460 or Hr@nlight.net. Apply for this position