Senior Systems Engineer
nLIGHT is a rapidly growing publicly listed company (NASDAQ: LASR). nLIGHT is a global leader in high-power semiconductor and fiber lasers for industrial, microfabrication, aerospace, and defense applications. Headquartered in Vancouver, WA, nLIGHT employs over 1,000 people with operations in the U.S., China, and Finland.
Seeking a Senior Systems Engineer to design, implement, maintain, and support our infrastructure (internal, customer-facing, and cloud environment). You will be a key member of a small team that is responsible for supporting the legacy infrastructure as well as designing and implementing scalable, maintainable, and highly available architectures that meet growing business objectives and SLAs in our demanding and changing manufacturing environment.
- Design, configure and maintain distributed IT services focused on computing and storage.
- Integrate technologies from 3rd parties with internal technologies .. 3rd party technologies may include hardware, software applications, virtual network functions, hypervisors, radios and other wireless transport technologies, peripherals, cybersecurity tools.
- Be the subject matter expert in edge compute, storage, hyperconvergence, cloud and hybrid cloud technologies. Must be able to communicate complex technologies to internal and external customers and partners.
- Build and execute basic test tools to assess performance
- Review technologies to assess if they can meet DoD requirements for interoperability and security
- Interface with technical staff from 3rd parties to resolve technical issues
- Provide support for network connectivity or related network issues for both internal and external customers, including remote office sites
- Analyze network activity, troubleshoot, diagnose, and resolve network problems. Research, analyze, and recommend the implementation of software or hardware changes to rectify any network deficiencies or to enhance network performance
- Assess network performance to ensure that it meets the present and future needs of the business. Provide network planning recommendations to management.
- Provide support for work hours other than regular schedule such as nights, weekends and holidays
- Job involves frequent contact with internal and external customers and vendors
- US citizen or legal permanent resident required
- Extensive experience with Systems Engineering, Network Engineering required
- Deep understanding of networking protocols (e.g., IPSEC, HSRP, BGP, OSPF, 802.11, QoS)
- Extensive experience with Virtualization, Storage, Network and Systems Integration
- Experience with Hyperconverged Infrastructure as well as traditional NAS and SAN is required.
- Experience with Microsoft Windows and Windows Server required
- Experience with Linux required
- Experience with PC hardware and troubleshooting required
- Experience with Networking Devices required (Switches, Routers and Firewalls)
- Experience with VMware Vsphere (ESXi) in a production environment required
- Experience with VDI strongly desired
- Experience with Containers and Orchestration strongly desired
- Industry recognized certifications strongly desired:
- o VMware VCP
- o Cisco CCNA/CCNP
- o Microsoft MCSE
- o Security+, CISSP
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university in a computer related field
- 5+ years in Systems engineering, network engineering work experience in a corporate setting
nLIGHT is subject to US Export Control regulations. To qualify for this position, a Foreign Person (that is, not a US Citizen or legal Permanent Resident) must be eligible for a deemed export license under the US Department of Commerce and/or the US Department of State.
Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or age. For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please see these government posters: “EEO is the Law” and its accompanying temporary supplement. If you are an individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation in the application or hiring process, please contact Human Resources at (360) 566-4460 or Hr@nlight.net. Apply for this position